Does your child's school encourage kids to exchange goodies for Halloween? I remember this being one of my favorite times during the school year, next to Valentine's Day, as I collected and brought home a basket or bag full of goodies, just for me!!
While I am all for my kiddos having the same experience I did growing up, I do try to encourage them to choose non-candy treats to exchange with classmates. After all, they get an absolute ton of candy on Halloween night!! So, each year, I sit down with my kiddos and we choose a non-candy treat and attach a personalized gift card to pass out to their classmates. We have a blast assembling together, which I am hoping is also creating amazing childhood memories.
Here are 10 of our favorite, non-candy Halloween treat ideas for a classroom exchange:
3. For grade school age kids, hand out Halloween pencils with 5x7 cards that read, “I am Glad You’re in My Web of Friends”. Add a fun spider ring thread through the center for a little extra fun.
4. Every kiddo loves crazy straws! Hand out these fun, Monster plastic straws with tags reading, “Have an Extra-Spooktacular Halloween”.
5. Keep the Boogies away this Halloween by tying our fun FREE printables to individual packages of Kleenex tissue. This is for sure what my 2 year old will be passing out to his classmates this year!! Download the FREE printable below.
6. Who remembers these fun plastic snakes from when they were little!? I used to love playing with these little guys. They make the perfect Halloween treat with these gift tags that read “Bugs & Hisses”.
7. These “Germ Slayer” treats would be appreciated by teachers, staff and mommies of little ones as a little Halloween treat. Download the FREE “Germ Slayer” printable and create your own!
8. Hand out glow sticks, necklaces or bracelets from Oriental Trading with these fun neon “A Bit of Light for Halloween Night” tags.
9. These fang whistles are SO much fun. In fact, we loved them so much we designed a printable around them. Our “Have a Fangtastic Halloween” cards are 5x7 in size and designed to put a fang whistle in the center through a small 1” hole.
10. For older friends, or even a teacher, these fang pens are fun to attach to a variation of our “Have a Fangtastic Halloween” printable design.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Halloween!
Crowning Details has received payment, trade and/or products for this post. However, I only promote products I love and all opinions stated are my own.