What does your favorite Valentine’s Day flower color say about you? And, what sentiment is your choice conveying to the one lucky enough to receive them?
The most popular flower color during the Valentine’s season is red, with pink a close follow-up. But, there are so many flower varieties and color options available; how are we to be sure that the one we select captures our holiday sentiment?
Here are the most popular meanings/sentiments behind the most commonly selected Valentine’s Day flowers:
· Red- Red is a universal symbol of romantic love around the world. On Valentine’s Day, long stem red roses are considered an expression of undying love.
· Pink- Pink, a more subtle variation of its red cousin, is the perfect choice for someone you admire. Pink flowers, roses in particular, are often given to those we admire or hold in high esteem.
· Yellow- Yellow roses often get labeled as the ‘friend’ flowers. However, they are often selected to give to people who bring joy into our lives; our lifelong friends or child’s teachers.
· Orange- Orange flowers represent strong feelings of passion and excitement. SO, if you aren’t feeling that in your relationship, you may want to steer clear of this color selection.
· Lavender- Carrying with it a sense of distinction, lavender flowers often carry the message of ‘enduring love’ or ‘love at first sight’ when given on Valentine’s Day. If your relationship feels like a fairy tale, then this is your flower color of choice.
Enjoy this Valentine’s Day Season!
Valentine's Day is all about showing the ones that you care your appreciation and affection. Download this simple 5x7 Valentine's Day card to mail or hand to your loved ones this holiday season! For the best results, print on white card stock (65#-110#). This card is also available in a personalized version in our etsy store.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Today's Make-it-Monday project is super simple......
Grab a package or two of solid white, light pink or even red paper cups from your local Dollar Store and a package of glitter or felt hearts (also available at most Dollar Stores or craft stores). Use a dab of craft glue and attach the heart to the center of the cup. Allow a few minutes for the heart to set and voila....a cute batch of Valentine's Day cups for adults or kiddos for under $2 (cups sold as sets of 12).
For an extra added touch, use coordinating striped paper straws!