Crowning Details has received payment, trade and/or products for this post. However, I only promote products I love and all opinions stated are my own.
Party photos are precious memories that I frequently forget to take when hosting my own events. So, I love creating photo opportunities where guests are encouraged to capture fun snaps to share after the event; plus, photo ops are a fun and simple party activity. We are sharing 6 simple, affordable birthday party photo backdrops using Testors Spray Chalk today and can’t wait to see what ideas you come up with!
1. Aloha- Whether you are hosting a summer pool party, Hawaiian luau or Disney Moana party, this simple phrase is the perfect way to capture the spirit of these events. Begin by spray painting the word “Aloha” using pink spray chalk, leaving off the “O”, then while the first coat of spray chalk is wet, spray over it with yellow for a multi-dimensional effect. Next, set out a variety of props such as sunglasses, leis and Hawaiian shirts to encourage party guests to get into the spirit of the event. Then, snap your picture.
2. Birthday Hat- Within minutes, you can create a fun birthday party photo opportunity. Simply select your birthday party hat color, spray in the shape of a cone, then add your party hat pom pom topper using a 2nd color; voila!
3. Walk the Plank- The kids thought this was seriously fun, and would be ideal for pirate and/or mermaid inspired birthday parties. Our “ocean” was created by spraying blue chalk paint directly onto the grass. We set down a 2x4 wooden board and with a pirate hat atop their heads, the party guests “walked the plank”.
4. Outer Space- Pretend to blast off into orbit by spray painting a fun, oversized astronaut helmet with white spray chalk, then add a handful of freeform stars using yellow spray chalk. This party photo backdrop would be perfect for rocket themes or space parties.
5. Princess Crown & Scepter- What little girl wouldn’t love posing for this adorable photo op? We spray painted a simple pink tiara and then outlined it with yellow spray chalk. Our scepter was sprayed off to one side to allow guests to appear as though they were holding it during the photo snap.
6. Strong Man/Superhero- Whether you are hosting a circus theme, carnival party, or superhero theme, this simple dumbbell with the word “Strong” is the perfect photo capture. We simply spray painted an angled bar, added 3 straight lines in white spray chalk to either end of the dumbbell, then added the word “Strong” above the image.
We had so much fun coming up with these initial 6 ideas for spray chalk birthday party backdrops; the list of possibilities is literally endless when it comes to creating unique designs.
When utilizing spray chalk to create birthday party backdrops, please keep in mind that it works BEST on flat surfaces, allowing rain and sun to fade and wash away the artwork. If you use a vertical surface for your spray chalk, it will need to be manually washed off. When you are finished with your artwork, simply wash off the chalk from your hands and clothes using soap and water. Children under 13 need parental supervision when using spray chalk.
You can find Testors Spray Chalk at The Home Depot, Michael’s, Target, Walmart and Menards.